berry picking, snake stepping, & cousin time

Leave a Comment
hey there! as i'm in the car on my way to seattle, i might as well post on the blog, right? anyways, here's my story on how i became a berry picker & almost got bit by a snake. 

my uncle john has five acres of land, so he has so many different places on his property that grow food. he has apple trees, hazelnut trees, grape bushes, blueberry bushes, blackberry bushes, salmon berry bushes, plum trees, cherry trees etc...., so me, thinking this was so cool, decided i was going to walk all over to find the blueberry bushes & pick them. my uncle, mom, and cousin chrystle and her boyfriend tim set out for the five-ten minute walk through the wheat straw things. wearing sandals was not the best idea. with multiple leg scratches and going under a tree tunnel, we finally arrived at the blueberry bushes. my hands started to turn blue from accidentally smashing some berries, but overall it was so much fun. blueberries that are fresh are the best ones. there's nothing like eating them right off the bush. 

on the way back, i was leading the way back to the house, but i stepped back for a second to check my phone. lucky for me, i did because a sneaky, slithering friend snuck past me. i screamed snake and freaked everyone out. whoops. 

so, that's how i almost stepped on a snake, and became a berry picker. 

spending time with my cousins and family was so great. it's nice to have some bonding time with people you don't see all that often. family time is the best time :) 

-A








Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment